Where do I call for power outage or severe weather information?
During severe weather and/or power outages, the demand for Police & Fire services can increase rapidly. These situations can quickly overtax all available Police, Fire, and 9-1-1 resources with a large number of calls for service.

Commonwealth Edison is the power utility in the Village of Libertyville. Power outages that do not involve an immediate threat to life or property should be reported via ComEd’s telephone reporting system at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661).

Please do not call 9-1-1 or the Police/Fire departments for general outage information. We often do not have any information on the outage, and these calls can detract from our ability to handle emergency calls promptly.

Show All Answers

1. What is the ordinance covering vehicles parked on the street overnight?
2. Where do I call for power outage or severe weather information?
3. Can I obtain a handicapped parking hangtag at the Police Department?
4. I need to have my fingerprints taken. Can the Police Department do this for me?
5. When should I call 9-1-1?
6. What happens when I dial 9-1-1?
7. Why do the dispatchers ask so many questions?
8. Can I call 9-1-1 from a Cellular Phone?
9. What if I call 9-1-1 by mistake?
10. Can you handle calls from hearing impaired or non-English speakers?